I do have one final finish of the quarter to share with you: A little April Showers mini. And by mini, I mean mini.
I have made this design up before - it's one of Mia's nursery hoops, but when I was cutting, I cut for two so I could have a mug rug to match. Unfortunately to make Mia's big enough to fill the hoop, I used every remaining scrap of blue fabric, so when I finally found my pieces the other day, I only had enough for a finished piece of 5" x 7.5" - it didn't even divide up nicely to make a patchwork border, so I just finished it as it was and added some buttons - I'm sure I can find a space for it on my mini quilt wall. And I really should get on with making some more hoops for Mia's nursery. And hanging them....
So what else did I get finished? My first finish was Marsala Clams. Started for the Pantone challenge and finished by the deadline (something of a miracle), it taught me two things: brown really isn't horrific, but clamshells (especially that size) are!
Second up was the woodland log-cabin cushion. This was A Lovely Year of Finishes goal and I was determined to meet it, even though it involved sewing up the finishing seams on a random machine and not my own.
And I also finished the Cotton and Steel Mini Quilt for the swap.
Until three weeks ago, that was my list.... three finishes! I couldn't post that. So I upped my game. I listed Mia's cat quilt as my goal for A Lovely Year of Finishes in June. And finished it!
And then I mentioned to my husband that I had started quilting the quilt I was making for one of his work colleagues and their new baby. The next thing I know, he's organized to go and visit them to give them the quilt. So I got the Power of Nine quilt finished too.
So that's six finishes from an original list of 19. The other things on the list are in various states....I pulled out the City Sampler yesterday and made some real progress on the quilting last night. I know where I'm heading with it, but it's going to take a while to get there; I put a couple of stitches in the Jennie Rayment wall-hanging, but got no where close to a finish; secret sewing, the Skill Builder Quilt, my double wedding ring quilt and Aspen Glow were never going to be finished and haven't been touced! I'm a little disappointed I didn't finish the Slivers II cushion, but it's now much closer than it was. As for the baby quilts: the yellow and grey one is now cut out, the navy and blue one has been abandoned, and the pink and grey one has totally changed direction! Some of these quilts will definitely be making an appearance for Q3, but some need to be retired back to the UFO pile for a while.
I'm linking up with Adrianne at On the Windy Side for the Q2 finish linky and heading off to have a think about the Q3 list.