Skip to main content

Finish Along Q3: Plans

Another quarter means another overly-long and highly-ambitious Finish Along List...

I've left it to the last minute to write this list, so apologies for the lack of photos!

1. Long Time Gone: this quilt is the result of Gnome Angel's latest quilt along, and it's so nearly finished! I just need to add the binding.


2. Foxy Quilt - all of the blocks are pieced and next I need to cut the sashing.

3.Baby Stars quilt: we'll be meeting the little lady later this month, so need to get this finished.



4. Another owl quilt for another baby. I ordered the backing and I'm taking my colour scheme from that.

5. Mixed Up City is yet another version of the Tula Pink City Sampler and has to be finished before the end of July.


6. Snail day quilt. All of the snails Mia and I have been making will be a picnic blanket for out holiday - so that's an end of July deadline for this quilt too!



7. and 8. I'm going to use the Garland City blocks to make 2 quilts for the girls to use at Christmas.

9. Fussy Cut Sampler quilt


10. Disney quilt, made from fabrics I picked up in a recent Instagram destash - this is Mia's reward for potty training. She's not quite there yet, so I have a little time!

11. and 12: Fancy Forest baby quilts: two of them. I have 5m of a beautiful grey background fabric - one will be for a boy and the other.... we'll just have to wait and see. Below is the one I've already made...



13. Summer Sampler 2016: a few more blocks to go but I already have the backing fabric...

14: Summer Sampler 2017: unlikely.



15: Christmas Tree quilt: these were the blocks that pushed me over 1000 blocks last year. Now they need to become a quilt.

16. Mia's dress: I've bought unicorn jersey fabric and I have a pattern!

17: ABC embroidery, which I started over a year ago....

18. Mermaid doll - it's been on here before.

19. Little Red Riding Hood doll. Ditto.

20. Moccasin Dresden: it's silly that this is still on the list and I haven't just finished it already...

21. Watermelon quilt. Another repeat offender.

22. My original City Sampler. Still half quilted.

23. Neon city: the City Sampler I made last year. Half sashed.

24. Vicky and Karl's City Sampler. I'm not looking forward to piecing this... I hate sashing.

25. Grenfell quilt: I'm using the next set of blocks from the Quilters Planner to make a quilt for the victims of Grenfell and I really don't want to let this one fall off the bottom of the list. Sadly that I know that if I don't hit the deadline for Grenfell, there will be other disasters that need our quilty love...

26. EJ+ quilt. This has no deadline, so hasn't been touched in a while...

27. Fireworks. I'd love to get this done for the end of September....

28. Threadfolk embroidery which I started this week. I don't want it to become an untouched UFO like the ABC embroidery above...


29. Travel pouch for Steph. If it doesn't get done this quarter I'm in trouble.

30. #1yearofstitches  hoop. Because I'm nearly done with it.





31. Zippy Pouch using some Alison Glass for the NEMQG swap in October.

32. A foxy cushion which will be a wedding quilt. I'm hoping there will be enough background left from the Fancy Forest quilts for this foundation pieced geometric number.

33. Baby forest quilt, using some panels and complimentary fabric. It's a kit that's been knocking around for a while and now I have a reason to do it.

34. Pineapple cushion

I think I'll leave it at that. Question is, do I have the longest list, or has Helen @Archiewonderdog beaten me again!!!?

Comments

I've beaten you! *crows* *realises it's not ladylike and stops* *also realises that having many more things to finish than Jennie is not something to be proud of* *slinks away*


P.S. Good luck!
Wow, that's quite a list! Love all your projects!

Popular posts from this blog

Hidden Agenda [A Finish]

This is very possibly my favourite ever finish - I know I've said that in the past, but this one is going to be hard to beat. This time last year, I attended a day long lecture/workshop with Tula Pink and it was inspiring. Having not really loved her fabrics in the past (but loved her patterns), I suddenly saw them in a new light, linked with my 2018 new year's resolution to try more fussy cutting). Fast forward 8 months and I confess that my Tula stash has expanded quite a lot. I found some UK shops with older ranges of fabric, splurged on a few destashes and found the odd piece of her fabric already in my stash. The plan was always (and remains) to make a Smitten quilt, but I'm well aware that I have plenty of fabric to make other projects as well! So when I saw the Hidden Agenda quilt pattern by Angela Pingle, this fabric sprung instantly to mind.... and we all know I love a rainbow! And what could be better than rainbowfied Tula? I was ably assisted by my friend Ti

365 Quilt Challenge 2016 [A finish]

I can't believe I've just typed that heading! When I made the block for January 1st 2016 I could not have imagined the journey this quilt would have taken me on. So make yourselves comfortable and grab a cup of tea, because this blog post may get lengthy! I'd seen the 365 Quilt Challenge on Facebook. I think every quilter on Facebook must have been aware of it. Loads of my friends had signed up and it kept popping up as a "Page you might like" thing. In the end, in November 2015, I joined the group, had a poke round. Decided it wasn't for me. One of the things that really put me off were the fabric requirements: you needed x amount of dark dark fabric, x amount of medium dark fabric, x amount of dark medium, medium, light medium, light, background.... I just couldn't get my head round those requirements. I'd looked at the mock ups on the wesbite and couldn't bring myself to pick a colour. I put it to the back of my mind. But I had obvious

All the Little Finishes

 I've had a few recent finishes - mostly smaller pieces and mostly not on my list to finish this year (because I've only just started them!) - lots and lots of pouches! Here's a round up... Three pouches I made for the kids for our holiday - all are the Seamingly Sane Pouch pattern, but I used the pattern add-on to adjust the sizes and customised with some straps and in one case, a pocket. These three pouches are made for our work Yubikeys when we travel to protect them - it's a slightly adjusted Aneela Hooey pattern - the peas are an inside joke! I knew I had pea fabric for a reason! A couple more Seamingly Sane pouches - the smaller one was a birthday present for my Dad, and the floral one was for me to protect my diary when I travel. Seven pouches made entirely from my scraps to hold EPP pieces pre sewing! This is the Peekapouch pattern by Sweet Cinnamon Roses. This is the Not So Little Zippy Pouch by Fabric and Flowers. The pattern is a bit of a challenge, but this

Labels

Show more