Archie the Wonder Dog has raised a bit of a challenge: she reckons her list is longer than mine! Challenge accepted! As I mentioned in one of my recent posts, I'm taking part in the #100dayschallenge with the intention of spending a bit more time with my sewing machine each day, so I'm hopeful that progress will be made!
1. Frances Firefly Quilt: There are quite a few baby quilts on this list... this is just the first. And it's for a Baby who isn't a baby any more because I'm rubbish! The top is pieced and the backing has now arrived. I have a quilting plan and the binding is cut. In other words there is no excuse for this to not be finished by the end of the quarter. Earlier.
2. Allie Owl Quilt: A second baby quilt, for the baby brother of the recipient of the Firefly quilt. He is still a baby! But I'm still a few months late. This is another project that' already a quilt top, I've got the backing and batting and the binding is cut. Now for some basting.
3. Fancy Forest Baby Quilt: Baby quilt number 3. And the third one using the same Fancy Forest pattern by Elizabeth Hartman. But this time I'm making the actual baby quilt from the pattern. I've started with a rabbit block, but the rest of the blocks are cut ready to go.
4. Alba's Stars Quilt: Baby quilt number 4 - I think we're just at that age - where everyone we know is having babies. Baby Alba is getting some star for her quilt. I'm using the pattern from Make Modern issue 14, but I've shrunk the block by 50% to make 5" blocks. Lots of them! One down, 62 to go!
5. Pink Christening quilt: I've been promising to make this for someone else to gift for ages... time I got on with it. It's going to be basic pink squares with some aqua flowers appliqued on top. Some of the pink is cut, but I haven't got much further...
6. My original City Sampler: This one has been waiting a while, hasn't it. Angie @ Gnome Angel is planning another #100days100blocks starting in May, and I'm yet to finish any of the quilts I've started form this book. This quilt is half-quilted, but intensively quilted, so will take a while.
7. Fireworks Quilt: Another repeat offender. I really, really need to get this finished, because I know how much the recipient will love it! I've made five blocks and have 11 left to go.
8. Alison's Quilt: This is a quilt I've been asked to make for someone else to gift. I'm using the blocks from Tula's City Sampler book, but I've enlarged some to 12" and some to 9" (not my normal direction!) as well as including some "other" panels, and filling strips - in very bright colours. I've made the first 3 blocks.
9. Purple City Sampler: This was one of the porojects I made blocks for during the last #100days100blocks and it's for Michael's cousin and her husband as a belated wedding gift. Again I feel I should get it finished before starting another.
10. City Sampler lap quilt: See above really - this was the other project from that sew-along. But this one is for us. The problem is, that I'm up to the sashing part. I hate sashing.
12. Easter Sampler: Back before Christmas I made a Christmas sampler with Sarah at Pretty Fabric and Trims, and now she has an Easter sampler. I've pieced the mini quilt and now I need to add embroidery and applique and hand quilting. Easter is a week and a half away.....
13. Balloon embroidery: you've seen this one before but the last couple of times it's appeared with it's bath-time friend. I completed the bath time embroidery hoop last quarter, so it's time to get this one off the list as well. And if it's anything like the other hoop, it won't take long at all.
14. Watermelon Quilt: Another regular. I made a pineapple last year, and cut the pieces for a matching watermelon quilt from my scraps. It's just some basic piecing and a little hand quilting, so I should move this forward.
15. Mermaid Doll set: I was so sure I would get this done last quarter.... but I didn't. It's a panel to create a doll and some accessories and it will be a gift for Mia. Everything is cut out, and a few hours should see this finished.
16: Red Riding Hood doll set: this is the same as the mermaid above, but for Jessica. Again, it's all cut out....
17. Woodland Quilt: This is another baby quilt: it's a kit, so I think if I actually make a start it will be finished very quickly. But I haven't started yet.
18. EJ+ Quilt: one of the blocks from #100days100blocks really spoke to me, and I decided to make a whole quilt of it. I'm slowing plugging away, making 4 blocks at a time. I'm not sure if I'll finish the quilt this quarter, but I'd like to piece what I have already cut and see how many more blocks I'm going to need.
19. Sarah and Duck Hoop: I feel really guilty about this one. It's a wedding present for a lovely couple who have just celebrated their first wedding anniversary..... It's an embroidery project and will take some time, but at the moment all I've done is transfer the design onto the fabric. Only once I've started will I get a feel for just how much time...and if I'm capable of doing it justice.
20. ABC Sampler: I don't know if I want to finish this one to be honest. I'm enjoying the process, but it's been sitting around for a year now. This is an important project for me because it opened my eyes to all the different embroidery stitches I could try and laid the way for exciting adventures in embroidery! Do I want to savour it and make it last longer, or am I just ignoring it really?
21. Cozy Little Quilt: This could have been a finish last quarter, but the fabric I needed to complete it was on back order and only arrived right at the end of March. Instead of rushing the finishing, I've let this one roll over.
22. 365 Hoop: one of those silly project... I've made a block, and I need to add some border, put it in a hoop and add the smallest little bit of hand quiting. That's it. But I haven't done it yet.
23. 365 Quilt Challenge a.k.a The Monster: The big one is so close to being finished. I "just" need to add the binding - but on a 96" square quilt that's 384" of binding to hand sew. Once I've made the binding that is.
24. R2D2 Cushion: I promised this cushion to my nephew back in January. Are you seeing a theme here? I made one at Christmas for another little boy I know, so I have the cutting measurements and pattern all ready. But it doesn't appeal as much as some of the other projects - I'm not really a Star Wars fan.
25. Summer Sampler: I wasn't planning on including this if I'm honest. And then it was announced as my APQ resolution project for April. And now I can see it as a feasible finish. So why not. 9 blocks to piece.
26. Travel Pouch for Steph: Another overdue promise.... she's requested scrappy like thi pouch I made last year
27. Aspen Glow: you must be bored of seeing this one on the list!
28. Mama Said Sew EPP: this hasn't seen the light of day in years. Since before Mia was born. But I got hold of a CHarm pack of coordinating fabric, and I have more still in my stash, so time to get it finished - I think this will likely be a smallish lap quilt.
29. Moccassin Dresden: Another of those pesky projects that I could finish in an evening. But keep putting off. I keep ignoring this one because there's a chance that the hoop I bought for it is too small. And if that is the case I may have to go back to the drawing board. But I won't know unless I get on with it.
30. A round thirty! Another baby arrived this week, and it's going to be a foxy number. I'm using the Fancy Forest pattern again for it!