Skip to main content

#100days100blocks [Blocks 61-70]

These blocks are flying by now - and I'm getting later and later posting these round-ups!

Block 61: Vienna


I lived in Vienna for a term as part of the Erasmus exchange programme durinng my third year at university. I didn't do much studying, but I did drink a lot of coffee! Vienna is an absolutely beautiful city!

Block 62: Blyth


My current home town in Northumberland. It's an old mining and port town which has seen better days, but a lot of improvements have been made to the town in the eight years I've lived here and it's great to see it attracting big events: we hosted the tall ships this summer and last year we were a stop on the Tour of Britain.

Block 63: Aunty Barbara and Uncle Gordon


Aunty Barbara is my mother-in-law's sister and Uncle Gordon is my father-in-law's brother: two sisters married two brothers: very confusing when you first meet the family! Aunty Barbara insists on being called "Aunty"!

Block 64: Edinburgh


Edinburgh is where I went to university and met my husband. We haven't been back in a couple of years and I miss it.

Block 65: Newcastle


To be honest I try not to go into Town too often, but it's where the big shops are, and my opticians. We're also really lucky with the theatres and restaurants both in Newcastle and in Gateshead.

Block 66: White Feather


In memory of my father-in-law.

Block 67: Violet


My maternal Grandmother was called Violet. She was the Granny who would play on the floor with us, bake with us, and give us piggy backs. My brother got a slide for one of his birthdays and it was set up in the living room. She got stuck at the top of it! She died when I was 8. Jessica's middle name is for her.

Block 68: Christening


Jessica was christened on Sunday. All our friends and family shared the celebration with us, and despite being a chaotic weekend moving the girls into their new bedrooms (and a radiator leaked on the brand new carpet, and the guy came to fix it in the hours before the Christening - he was done with 10 minutes to spare...). Just as soon as the family send me some pictures of Jess in her pretty dress, I'll try and share some.

Block 69: Barton-le-Clay


This is the village where I grew up (and rumour has where the #GBBO winner lives). It's nestled at the end of the Chilterns, too close to Luton.

Block 70: It's a girl


We're two for two and my husband would love a boy. His comment at Jessica's twenty-week scan was "We're keeping trying until we have a boy!". We're not.

That's it for today!

Comments

Lin said…
Great work on the naming Jennie - so interesting! Great blocks too. Looking forward to pictures of the Christening. xx

Popular posts from this blog

Hidden Agenda [A Finish]

This is very possibly my favourite ever finish - I know I've said that in the past, but this one is going to be hard to beat. This time last year, I attended a day long lecture/workshop with Tula Pink and it was inspiring. Having not really loved her fabrics in the past (but loved her patterns), I suddenly saw them in a new light, linked with my 2018 new year's resolution to try more fussy cutting). Fast forward 8 months and I confess that my Tula stash has expanded quite a lot. I found some UK shops with older ranges of fabric, splurged on a few destashes and found the odd piece of her fabric already in my stash. The plan was always (and remains) to make a Smitten quilt, but I'm well aware that I have plenty of fabric to make other projects as well! So when I saw the Hidden Agenda quilt pattern by Angela Pingle, this fabric sprung instantly to mind.... and we all know I love a rainbow! And what could be better than rainbowfied Tula? I was ably assisted by my friend Ti

365 Quilt Challenge 2016 [A finish]

I can't believe I've just typed that heading! When I made the block for January 1st 2016 I could not have imagined the journey this quilt would have taken me on. So make yourselves comfortable and grab a cup of tea, because this blog post may get lengthy! I'd seen the 365 Quilt Challenge on Facebook. I think every quilter on Facebook must have been aware of it. Loads of my friends had signed up and it kept popping up as a "Page you might like" thing. In the end, in November 2015, I joined the group, had a poke round. Decided it wasn't for me. One of the things that really put me off were the fabric requirements: you needed x amount of dark dark fabric, x amount of medium dark fabric, x amount of dark medium, medium, light medium, light, background.... I just couldn't get my head round those requirements. I'd looked at the mock ups on the wesbite and couldn't bring myself to pick a colour. I put it to the back of my mind. But I had obvious

All the Little Finishes

 I've had a few recent finishes - mostly smaller pieces and mostly not on my list to finish this year (because I've only just started them!) - lots and lots of pouches! Here's a round up... Three pouches I made for the kids for our holiday - all are the Seamingly Sane Pouch pattern, but I used the pattern add-on to adjust the sizes and customised with some straps and in one case, a pocket. These three pouches are made for our work Yubikeys when we travel to protect them - it's a slightly adjusted Aneela Hooey pattern - the peas are an inside joke! I knew I had pea fabric for a reason! A couple more Seamingly Sane pouches - the smaller one was a birthday present for my Dad, and the floral one was for me to protect my diary when I travel. Seven pouches made entirely from my scraps to hold EPP pieces pre sewing! This is the Peekapouch pattern by Sweet Cinnamon Roses. This is the Not So Little Zippy Pouch by Fabric and Flowers. The pattern is a bit of a challenge, but this

Labels

Show more

Archive

Show more