Skip to main content

Finish Along Q2 [It's ok if you want to laugh at me]

You may consider me foolish to even attempt a finish this quarter...  I know I won't get much opportunity to sew in Baby's first few months, but I'm hopeful for the odd hour of Daddy time when I'm awake enough to safely operate a sewing machine. I have no idea what project I'll want to work on if I do get the chance, so I'll list everything. Again.

But the first project I'm listing is new to the FAL list: it's Mia's big girl quilt. For the first 5-6 months, Baby will sleep in our bedroom, but after that she will move into the nursery and Mia will move into her new bedroom and a full size single bed. Which means Mia needs a big-girl quilt for her big-girl bed in her big-girl bedroom. I have two blocks finished, and lots more to make.


Another new project is one that I cut out just this week: It's a while since I fell head over heels in love with a fabric line, but Paperie from Art Gallery really did get me. It's not at all my normal choice, but it's so pretty. I'm planning hand pieced and hand quilted clam shells. Given it's current status, as shown in the photo below, this is an unlikely candidate for a finish but it might just hit the spot for sofa sewing.



Moccasin Block of the Month: it irks that I didn't get this finished last quarter: I'm so close... This will be a quilt for me so it doesn't get prioritised.



Slivers II Cushion: this may be a good candidate for a quick finish. I've said that before!



My Small World: I made really good progress on this last quarter, finishing the piecing and starting the hand-quilting. There's lots of quilting still to go, but as a sofa project there's a chance this will at least see progress in the next few months.



Inside Addition quilt: it's pretty bad that this isn't finished yet. Straightforward piecing, and probably straightforward quilting too. There's just a little part of me that doesn't really like it anymore and that may be holding me back. Maybe if I just get on with it I'll find I do like it when it's finished!



Aspen Glow. Again. It would be nice if I could make just a little bit of progress so that at least I have a different, slightly more interesting, photo to share with you once a quarter!



Do you remember the mini quilt I created for the Schnitzel and Boo Mini quilt swap. I never ever found out if my partner received it.  She disappeared off the face of the earth. How rude! But I cut enough fabric so I could have one too. Maybe I'll finish this. Maybe as a cushion cover?



Let's shove the Gravity quilt on the list for good measure, shall we?



How about the Marcelle Medallion quilt? I've seen some beauties on Instagram recently that have inspired me to get this out again. I haven't. But you never know.



The red and blue quilt I need to finish for my mother-in-law. I can't believe this will take long....



And finally: I recently tidied my sewing desk and shelves and came across the fabrics I cut for a flying geese cushion over a year ago. I may need to cut more fabric, but this could be achievable.


I know. Totally unrealistic! One finish from the twelve would be a huge achievement for me

Comments

Cut&Alter said…
What a great list - you have some lovely projects on the go. Good luck this quarter!
Anthea said…
You crack me up, Jennie!
You have some gorgeous projects there... they're all something to look forward to when you have time... you might be blessed with a content Bub who sleeps & gives you stitching time!
I wonder whether there might be a wisdom in prioritising say 3 projects & working on them to finish, so you feel you're getting somewhere with them? Because of my circumstances at home in recent months, I've had to do that & it's really helped with progressing my chosen projects.
Take it easy!
Mary Huey said…
Your small world is inspiring -- if I didn't already have so much on my own plate, I'd take that one on, too. Make Mia's quilt the top priority!!
Lin said…
All I can say is - Good Luck!! x
Allison said…
You have a good sense of humour!😁 Anthea's advice sounds a workable way forward to achieving progress with a few projects. Hope you are keeping well and you are soon proud parents of two lovely daughters.
Christine said…
I love the Small World quilt...and your hand-quilting...awesome! I can't wait to see it finished!

Popular posts from this blog

Hidden Agenda [A Finish]

This is very possibly my favourite ever finish - I know I've said that in the past, but this one is going to be hard to beat. This time last year, I attended a day long lecture/workshop with Tula Pink and it was inspiring. Having not really loved her fabrics in the past (but loved her patterns), I suddenly saw them in a new light, linked with my 2018 new year's resolution to try more fussy cutting). Fast forward 8 months and I confess that my Tula stash has expanded quite a lot. I found some UK shops with older ranges of fabric, splurged on a few destashes and found the odd piece of her fabric already in my stash. The plan was always (and remains) to make a Smitten quilt, but I'm well aware that I have plenty of fabric to make other projects as well! So when I saw the Hidden Agenda quilt pattern by Angela Pingle, this fabric sprung instantly to mind.... and we all know I love a rainbow! And what could be better than rainbowfied Tula? I was ably assisted by my friend Ti

365 Quilt Challenge 2016 [A finish]

I can't believe I've just typed that heading! When I made the block for January 1st 2016 I could not have imagined the journey this quilt would have taken me on. So make yourselves comfortable and grab a cup of tea, because this blog post may get lengthy! I'd seen the 365 Quilt Challenge on Facebook. I think every quilter on Facebook must have been aware of it. Loads of my friends had signed up and it kept popping up as a "Page you might like" thing. In the end, in November 2015, I joined the group, had a poke round. Decided it wasn't for me. One of the things that really put me off were the fabric requirements: you needed x amount of dark dark fabric, x amount of medium dark fabric, x amount of dark medium, medium, light medium, light, background.... I just couldn't get my head round those requirements. I'd looked at the mock ups on the wesbite and couldn't bring myself to pick a colour. I put it to the back of my mind. But I had obvious

All the Little Finishes

 I've had a few recent finishes - mostly smaller pieces and mostly not on my list to finish this year (because I've only just started them!) - lots and lots of pouches! Here's a round up... Three pouches I made for the kids for our holiday - all are the Seamingly Sane Pouch pattern, but I used the pattern add-on to adjust the sizes and customised with some straps and in one case, a pocket. These three pouches are made for our work Yubikeys when we travel to protect them - it's a slightly adjusted Aneela Hooey pattern - the peas are an inside joke! I knew I had pea fabric for a reason! A couple more Seamingly Sane pouches - the smaller one was a birthday present for my Dad, and the floral one was for me to protect my diary when I travel. Seven pouches made entirely from my scraps to hold EPP pieces pre sewing! This is the Peekapouch pattern by Sweet Cinnamon Roses. This is the Not So Little Zippy Pouch by Fabric and Flowers. The pattern is a bit of a challenge, but this

Labels

Show more

Archive

Show more