It's pretty much the same, so I won't bore you with too many details here - I didn't make any effort to get the pockets matching or placed the same, so the numbers are all in different places, but you get the idea.
|Just realised I need another button - for the dot on the i|
I have to confess, that by the end I was a bit sick of attaching patches to pockets. I really had to force myself to get the last few finished. And this was the first time I've tried out the blanket stitch on my new-ish Brother machine. To put it bluntly, it sucks. I will get my Husqvarna serviced and use that when I need to do any large amount of blanket stitch: on my Husqvarna, one blanket stitch is a straight stitch forward, then a stitch to the left and then back over to the right in the same place, and this is repeated. It means that you can turn the fabric at any point except between the left and the right stitch. And I do. On the Brother a blanket stitch is a stitch forward, a stitch back, a stitch forward, a stitch left and a stitch right. First off these feels inefficient - more thread, more time.... and more opportunity for me to turn the fabric at the wrong moment in the stitch and that backwards stitch going off into the background. Which is pretty obvious when you're using red thread on a white background.
I'm done whinging now - you get the picture. Needless to say, I'm glad this is finished. I can wait 11 months before I need to contemplate making another one for Mia!
And can you believe Mia was nine months old this week. I can't believe how quickly the time has gone - she stayed still just long enough for me to get one photo!
Oh - and the advent calendar is another tick on my Finish Along list.