Skip to main content

Finish Along Q4 - Leanne said go big!

I'm really starting to get my energy back now. I wouldn't say I'm having a blooming second trimester, but it's definitely better than the first! So although I didn't get many finishes last quarter, that totally hasn't put me off of compiling a monster list of finishes for Q4 - some of these may look very familiar... Please don't laugh! I'm calling it being focused but with choice!

Hexagon Table Runner
This has been on the list for a while, but I feel like I've made really good progress recently. I've started quilting - straight lines, by hand in perle thread. I think I'm about a quarter of the way through. Then it just needs to be bound.

Baby Quilt 1: Blue and white
So many people I know are expecting babies at the moment. This is a quilt for my manager. She knows she's expecting a boy so I get to do a quilt in boy colours. You can more information about the quilt in this blog post. I need to baste this, quilt this and bind this by mid-November when her maternity leave starts.

Baby Quilt 2: Indian Summer
This one has been on the list before. And this is a baby quilt for my other manager. His wife is expecting in December. This is just a quilt top at the moment, and I haven't decided how best to quilt it yet.

Baby Quilt 3: Baby Paws
I don't know the recipient of this quilt - it's going to a friend of my cousin's - this needs to be finished fairly soon as I think baby is due mid-November. The paws aren't attached yet so I want to quilt a cross hatch on the green background then machine applique the paws and bind.

Baby Quilt 4: The Very Hungry Caterpillar
This is a quilt for the person who was my manager before she went on her maternity leave (something is going on in our office....) Euan was born 6 weeks ago, and I only just started this quilt, so I need to get on with it. So far all I've done is the cutting - but it was fussy cutting so took longer than I expected. Hopefully the piecing will be quite quick.

Baby Quilt 5: One for me!
And yes - I am also pregnant! So my Baby needs the nicest of the baby quilts. I'm using the Lucky Stars blocks from Don't Call me Betsy and adding a few extra blocks, set on point. I have 8 blocks still to make. The deadline is mid-February or whenever I totally run out of energy!

Medallion Quilt
We basted this quilt top last night. By we I mean my husband and I. It wasn't a roaring success.... but it is now basted. I just need to decide on how to quilt it.

Aspen Frost
This is a beautiful quilt and I've picked some of the Downton Abbey fabrics to make it as a gift for a relative. I haven't started piecing yet but I have spent about 5 hours cutting all the fabric. I'm hoping with a bit of chain piecing this will look like a quilt quite soon.

City Sampler
I am really enjoying making these blocks. I have made 60 blocks and have the fabric cut for most of the rest. They are so quick to piece that I could run these up in a few days. But then comes the sashing (not my favourite job) and to decide on quilting - I love the quilting in the book but will have to tone it down to my abilities and my regular sewing machine. I also need to chose a backing. I'm really keen to get this finished before baby, otherwise it may sit for a long time before getting finished.

Joy Jelly Roll
This was last year's Christmas Quilt. It would be lovely to finish it before this Christmas. I managed to buy some more fabric from the range in the sales in January so I have a backing to piece too. And I think I'm going to use wool wadding for the first time...

Batik Wall Hanging
This is a present for my Mum - she knows about it! It has sat unloved for a long time, just because I needed to put some time aside to make the bias tape. Until the summer when I gave in and bought ready made bias tape - now it just needs lots of hand applique followed by lots of hand quilting.


Fireworks
Chances are this won't get finished. But I may find I want to do this type of accurate piecing. I have two of sixteen blocks completed and I still love these fabrics.

Jennie's Threads BOM
I'm feeling a little guilty about this project. I haven't been able to post the last few months yet and I'm hoping to catch up and get this finished. I have 7 of the 12 month blocks made, the remaining 5 designed - next job this evening is preparing the embroidery.

Sisters BOM
I would love to get this finished. But it's unlikely. I did the January and February blocks. Since then I have been thinking about the practicalities of a large amount of white negative space in a house with two dogs, my husband, and soon a small child....

Skill Builder BOM
This BOM is proceeding slowly, but I am learning huge amount from it. At the start of the year I really wanted to get the BOMs I committed to finished by the end of the year, so this is going on the list, though with a little less optimism than some of the other projects. There are twenty QAYG blocks in total. I have pieced 6, a further two are well on the way to being finished, but only two are quilted.

Mystery project
My lips are sealed - but it is started.

Neon Stained
Back again. Maybe I just need to get this one quilted and move on, rather than the intricate quilting I had planned.

Three Peaks
On a bit of a hand sewing kick, I've bought some grey perle cotton to hand quilt this and it could be a quilt we can use with  baby....

Double Wedding Ring Quilt
I love love love this project - the fabrics are beautiful and the colours are perfect for our bedroom. But curves and Y-Seams do not make for a quick project. And I think I am going to want to do something special with the quilting. I would like to make progress on this quilt, but I am really not sure I will get it finished.

Grey and Red Ferris Wheel
I started this project on my last trip to Budapest in March and I haven't touched it since. But I'm enjoying hand work at the moment, so this may move forward - as soon as I can the rest of it - it was in two bags and I have located one bag.


20 projects - I am officially a WIP addict and a mad woman. I will be extremely happy with 10 finishes!

Comments

Leanne said…
Thank you, I now feel like my list is totally short and doable! You have the most beautiful projects on the go, I hope you have fun finishing them, or even just some of them.
The batik wall hanging is amazing, like stained glass! I'm tired just reading this list, and I'm not pregnant :) Best wishes for a healthy baby and good luck with your pile.
CapitolaQuilter said…
Oh my goodness - she said go big and you sure did. I'm glad to not be the only WIP addict out there.
Lin said…
Wow! What a collection! Good luck with your finishes. I love your hexagons - always good to see something other than flower garden hexies!

Popular posts from this blog

Hidden Agenda [A Finish]

This is very possibly my favourite ever finish - I know I've said that in the past, but this one is going to be hard to beat. This time last year, I attended a day long lecture/workshop with Tula Pink and it was inspiring. Having not really loved her fabrics in the past (but loved her patterns), I suddenly saw them in a new light, linked with my 2018 new year's resolution to try more fussy cutting). Fast forward 8 months and I confess that my Tula stash has expanded quite a lot. I found some UK shops with older ranges of fabric, splurged on a few destashes and found the odd piece of her fabric already in my stash. The plan was always (and remains) to make a Smitten quilt, but I'm well aware that I have plenty of fabric to make other projects as well! So when I saw the Hidden Agenda quilt pattern by Angela Pingle, this fabric sprung instantly to mind.... and we all know I love a rainbow! And what could be better than rainbowfied Tula? I was ably assisted by my friend Ti

365 Quilt Challenge 2016 [A finish]

I can't believe I've just typed that heading! When I made the block for January 1st 2016 I could not have imagined the journey this quilt would have taken me on. So make yourselves comfortable and grab a cup of tea, because this blog post may get lengthy! I'd seen the 365 Quilt Challenge on Facebook. I think every quilter on Facebook must have been aware of it. Loads of my friends had signed up and it kept popping up as a "Page you might like" thing. In the end, in November 2015, I joined the group, had a poke round. Decided it wasn't for me. One of the things that really put me off were the fabric requirements: you needed x amount of dark dark fabric, x amount of medium dark fabric, x amount of dark medium, medium, light medium, light, background.... I just couldn't get my head round those requirements. I'd looked at the mock ups on the wesbite and couldn't bring myself to pick a colour. I put it to the back of my mind. But I had obvious

All the Little Finishes

 I've had a few recent finishes - mostly smaller pieces and mostly not on my list to finish this year (because I've only just started them!) - lots and lots of pouches! Here's a round up... Three pouches I made for the kids for our holiday - all are the Seamingly Sane Pouch pattern, but I used the pattern add-on to adjust the sizes and customised with some straps and in one case, a pocket. These three pouches are made for our work Yubikeys when we travel to protect them - it's a slightly adjusted Aneela Hooey pattern - the peas are an inside joke! I knew I had pea fabric for a reason! A couple more Seamingly Sane pouches - the smaller one was a birthday present for my Dad, and the floral one was for me to protect my diary when I travel. Seven pouches made entirely from my scraps to hold EPP pieces pre sewing! This is the Peekapouch pattern by Sweet Cinnamon Roses. This is the Not So Little Zippy Pouch by Fabric and Flowers. The pattern is a bit of a challenge, but this

Labels

Show more

Archive

Show more