|The front of the machine cover|
|The back of the machine cover|
|A bit more embroidery|
Embroidery: designed by me, stitched in DMC 740 stranded cotton, approx 6" in diameter
Fabric: Kona White with various citrussy prints, including Art Gallery, Clothworks, Moda and random scraps that I have no idea about!
Applique: I used a tutorial from Purl Bee for making circular circles (though mine still aren't perfect) which don't have raw edges, then I machine appliqued with a blanket stitch and coordinating cotton.
Quilting: dense straight lines done by machine: I started by stitching along the crease line from where the fabric was on the bolt - I couldn't press it out! Then I set me needle the further position to the right and lines up the previous line of quilting with the edge of the presser foot. I used white Aurifil (my first time with Aurifil - fabulous)
Backing fabric: Black scissor print from Half Moon Modern (Moda)
Size: approx 17x34" (I hope it's not too big.... but I was working on sizes provided and then added some wiggle room).
Ribbon ties: no idea where it's from (other than my LQS) but it is a tape measure and I couldn't resist it.
|A little extra - pincushion|
I'm hoping to pop this in the post tomorrow. I hope my partner likes it!