I didn't consider last month's leaves to be particularly successful, though my Mum thought they were lovely.
This month it's feathers - slightly scary. But I found it a lot easier than the leaves - maybe because I've had a bit more general FMQ with Linda's quilt and because of some of the tips on speed that were in the tutorial. This has helped improve the consistency of my stitch length too. So here are my feathers:I had a few issues with tension, but they aren't too obvious and I eventually got it sorted. I think I would still struggle if I tried to lay these out on a quilt, as I have quilted each feath individually, with no idea about how I could link them together if they were on a big quilt. But I'm sure that will come.
I definitely see more feathers in my future!